It's been a while since I jotted down the recent happenings of my life. More often than not, my blog has become a place where I write down my occasional rants. Sadly, I'm not a consistent blogger anymore.
I took a trip back to Malaysia in February and it was the first in 2 years! I was really excited to be home, mainly due to the fact that it coincided with Chinese New Year and I haven't received any red packets in 5 years. Yes, just picture me with a sea of red packets. That's what I have been dreaming about since I bought my air ticket to go home. Relatives were of course still giving me red packets even when I wasn't physically home, but my mum pocketed most of them, so I was glad to finally receive what are rightly mine. hehe.
It was great meeting up with friends in Malaysia, but most of my friends were in Singapore. Ironically, I only spent 2 days in Singapore, and only managed to see a few lovely faces. If time permitted, I would have stayed longer and explored Singapore once again like a tourist. Things have changed so much! Part of me am glad that I left, as Singapore has become so congested. It is impossible to find a seat on the MRT anymore. You are lucky if you manage to squeeze your way through the door. As much as I would tell people that I am a city girl, I don't fancy living a life like that. I like taking my stroll over the weekends in the city of Philadelphia and smiling at strangers here.
Speaking of the city of Brotherly Love, friends and family have asked if I'm going to go home eventually. My answer is standard. I would flash a sheepish grin, and reply: "I will go wherever my future husband takes me!" I kid you not. I think I could live anywhere in the world. Well, ideally somewhere where people speak English and where there is Chinatown!
The moment I touched down in USA, I went straight back to work and it took me 1 whole week to recover from my jetlag! But I am a super woman (ain't I?) and I coped well at work :) Crunch time for my exam started the minute I gained back some sense of stability in my life and I studied so much for the following 3 months. 5am wake-up calls and 9pm bedtimes are the norm back then. Finally, after I took my 4th exam (Exam MLC) for my actuary designation, I went berserk (in a good sense), and did so many things!
Honestly, I do not even know where to begin with, but within these 2 months of freedom, I bought a bike and started biking in the city. It is the best investment ever! Started taking Aerial Yoga classes - best yoga class ever! Took ballroom dancing classes - best decision ever! Essentially, those 2 months after my exam were nothing but fun. I shopped, ate, cooked, baked, worked out, explored, danced, smiled, laughed, and lived life like there's no tomorrow, and I loved every single minute of it!
Then, I got back my results. I passed! Woohoo! I'm one of the 30% who passed in the nation. Results for this batch of exam were dismal, but I am very proud of myself, and I must say, I am so glad I am never ever going to touch that MLC study manual again. It was a whooping 1500 pages long!!! But now it's crunch time again for me. 5th exam. Even thicker manual. And the cycle begins again. But but but.... at least now I can see the end of the halfway mark :)
Life is awesome. Live, laugh, and love, people!
0 comments:
Post a Comment